What is the European Jamboree?
The European Jamboree is a chance for 20,000 Scouts and Guides from all over Europe to celebrate Scout and Guide values, strengthen our international community and provide young people with the opportunity to meet and learn from each other. It’s also bloody good fun.
Originally due to be hosted in 2020 it has been postponed 12 months – which means it can get 12 months better. Due to the postponement, our friends and neighbours in West Mercia Scouts are now in a position to offer us use of one of their Patrols, which we are very grateful for. The Patrol, 9 young people and 1 adult leader will be integrated in with West Mercia Scouts, Unit 42 – The Meaning of Life. The rest of the Unit have had a bit longer to get to know each other but integrating won’t be an issue because we’re all Scouts.
The Unit have also planned a pre-event 2/3 day tour of Berlin prior to the Jamboree.
More information can be found at the Jamboree website:
And of course it wouldn’t be a Jamboree without an official Jamboree Song:
Any Explorer Scout or Explorer Scout Young Leader born between 2/8/2003 and 31/12/2007 can apply to be a member of the Patrol
The European Jamboree 2020 is being hosted by the Polish Scouting and Guiding Association (ZPH)
The European Jamboree 2020 will be hosted in the Jamboree Village at Wyspa Sobieszewska (Sobieszewo Island) in Gdańsk.
Approximately 30th July – 13th August 2021
Approximately because we have to wait for flights to come available
International Jamborees are unlike any other experience. They are so much fun, bewildering, eye opening, tasty, colourful, noisy, exciting, inspiring, exhausting, amazing, flag waving, friend making, energising, educational, confidence building, crazy, party-round-every-corner…
£1300 per person, to include:
- Jamboree participant/leader fee (incl. food): £376
- Travel package including flight to Berlin, 3 days self-led experience in Berlin including hostel accommodation, transfer to Jamboree site, and flights back from Gdansk: £479
- Food in Berlin
- Tentage, equipment, and equipment transport costs.
- Insurance purchased prior to Covid-19, therefore will carry a more desirable level of cover
What isn’t included:
- Personal spending money
Parents/Carers/Guardians will have to accept the full liability, however:
- We recognise that it is a substantial figure so we can build specific payment plans to suit circumstances. It is more important to us that everyone has the opportunity to go. If you need financial support at any point of the Jamboree Journey speak to us and we can sort things out.
- The County Trustees and County Leadership Team are committed to unlocking as much external funding as possible – we already have 3 partners onboard who are helping us.
- The County Leadership Team and Unit Leadership Team will help support you with our vast experience of fund-raising to help you with personal fundraising.
We will be hosting two webinars on Monday 20th July and Thursday 23rd July for you to ask questions
Sign me up
Normally we like to run a selection weekend however we want to get the patrol together as quickly as possible so we’re going to adapt and overcome.
We are asking candidates to complete the form below and submit with a reference form from a Leader.
Applications close 7th August 2020
We will then shortlist candidates and invite them for a short Zoom Interview with the Unit Leadership, the Assistant County Commissioner International, and County Commissioner.
We acknowledge that completing a form isn’t necessarily the best format for everyone and we don’t want anyone to feel penalised – therefore if you would prefer to record a voice note/video of you answering the questions you are welcome to. Equally, if parents/carers/guardians need support accessing the form we are happy for Leaders to submit on their behalf.
If you are successfully the parent/carer/guardian will have to return a liability form and deposit of £300 (again, happy to discuss) to secure the space.
Just to manage expectations, we currently have around 400 young people in the County eligible for just 9 spaces. There are however loads of international opportunities all the time – have a look at our International page.
Please direct any queries to email@example.com